Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Poor little Aaron

He's still waking up several times a night. Last night when we went to work out and he was with Nanny he wasn't feeling too hot. I think Nanny liked it though because Aaron let her rub his back and hold him while he slept in her arms. We gave him Tylenol before we left her house. Then about an hour and a half later we took his temp because he still felt warm - 99.5 When he woke up at 1:30 it was 101.2. I gave him another dose of Tylenol and this morning it went back down to 99.6 although it has gone up to 100.6 again. So is this from the cold or the teeth???? His nose isn't running much anymore but he seems a little lethargic.

I wish he would go back to his happy little self so daddy can have some Aaron time too. I think he's feeling a little left out these days since Aaron is so clingy with me.

2 comments:

  1. I am not at ALL a medical professional ;) But Dr. Fillardi's office told us not to medicate a fever until it was over 102. The fever is fighting whatever infection lil man has going on, and if we lower the fever, we are lowering the body's ability to fight off the bug. Sure enough, it didn't take long for the fever to break and for Jude to be on the mend when we just waited it out and didn't medicate. The fever is actually a good thing. It is doing things that Tylenol cannot do. It is hard to wait it out, and scary to see numbers that high, but in a kiddo it is super common. In an adult 102 would be an emergency, in a kiddo, not so much. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth. Hope Aaron gets to feeling better soon!

    Ps. They have never billed me to call in and talk to a nurse, so we use that service whenever we feel the need. May help you guys until June/July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice - I think I was probably on the phone with a nurse at the same time you were typing this! : ) Literally they called me back around 10:15ish. Anyway basically Milly told me the same thing (the nurse.) I wasn't sure when or how much Tylenol I should be giving and she suggested not to give him any unless it spiked to 101 or so and not to worry unless it went over 102. He is doing much better today. He still maintained a fever for most of the afternoon yesterday but seems to be feeling much better now. I gotta say, I didn't really mind snuggling all afternoon. : )

    ReplyDelete